Yoga is the meeting of the mind with the divine;
hence, it is called yoga – yoga means meeting, joining together.
Some say that yoga means dropping the ego.
There are eight disciplines of yoga
- · Yama – Universal ethics
- · Niyama – Principles of self conduct
- · Asana – practice of the postures.
- · Pranayama – Breath control.
- · Pratyahara – Withdrawal and control of the senses.
- · Dharana – concentration.
- · Dhyana – meditation.
- · Samadhi – a state of higher consciousness where the sense of self (ego) dissolves in the object of meditation and the individual self exists in its own pure nature.The yoga training can be classified into six branches:-